Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review: Clinique Blushes and Bronzer :)


At the risk of sounding stupid, I admit that I was introduced to "Dr."Clinique way before I became an acquaintance of "Ms."Lakme; one of the many truths about the twisted tale called "My Life"....

I shall try and restrict myself from going into the length & depth of that story as of now. We have better business to do.


So while I was reorganizing my makeup stash yesterday, I realized that the only (yes only!) blush and bronzer that I own are from Dr. Clinique. (Basically, I dont even own them, I'm just their keeper. I had long ago, swindled them from my mum's makeup collection along with this gorgeous pouch ;) )

ANYwho... 


So first up, I'm going to talk about the Clinique Sheer Powder Blusher in the Color 20 GOLDEN GLOW and this is how it looks like

This packaging might have changed as of this day, but I got this with a brush (which I have conveniently stacked away)
Yes, I keep the makeup brushes which come with these tiny lil goodies in a separate goodie bag. I will, however have to admit, that the brush which came with this pretty lil thing was infact one of the best I have ever seen/used :)

Below is a picture of the swatch 


I feel that the Golden Glow has an Orange undertone and brownish shimmer to it. The shimmer is actually very subdued and that kind of renders a peachy look to this Missy. 

Next up, is this Blush and Bronzer duo, which consists of the shades-ICED Lotus(Blush) and SunKISSED (bronzer)


The following is a picture of the swatch:

 Iced lotus sort of has a bluish undertone with silver shimmer and Sunkissed has a pinkish (very light) undertone with a Golden shimmer! The picture below has a swatch of all three on my arm:
From left to right: ICED Lotus, SunKISSED, Golden Glow

These colors seem to be jet-milled, as they are easy to blend and super-easy/effortless to work with. The following is a picture taken after blending the shades on my arm:



My TAKE:

The colors are super blend able and can add the right amount of touch up to your everyday/office look. Because they have been jet milled they dont cake up or cause oiliness. 
I do not use the sunkissed bronzer as a bronzer, instead I use it as a highlighter with either of the two shades. Despite the fact that I do not advocate bronzers (except the non-shimmer ones used for sculpting) for most of the Indian skin tones I feel that this subdued iridescent formula can add glamour to even the Indian skin tones but only for a night out :)

You may check the following links to get updated info on these products:

ICED Lotus- details from Clinique website-

Sunkissed Bronzer- Details from Clinique Website:



<3

24 comments:

  1. This looks like something I would like Seraphic :)
    Would you please update on the price :)

    Hey do visit this website - nbbngroup.weebly.com
    It is meant for newbies like us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ray!

    I bought these in a travel set from the states. Unfortunately there aren't any Clinique stores in Chandigarh, else I would have found out for you!

    But then, despair not-for I found an Australian site which ships free worldwide and has Clinique stuff-
    it is called skincaredirect.com.au

    Do check it out, else, check the clinique website for stores in India; I think Shopper's Stop stores Clinique Cosmetics.

    Thank you for the link-I surely will :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi dear...just saw u in NBBN group following u now, hopw u also chk my blog n follow me.

    http://smitazzworld.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...