P.S: That's just the Green Tea sitting in my lap ;)
So, I first fell in love with green tea when I was living in Bombay and heard about the many wonders of green tea from a friend who advised me to have a few cups a day in order to lose weight. The two years that I spent in Bombay contributed to my weight gain problem and I ended up gaining around 10 kgs (approximately). Sigh!
Initially though, I did not like the taste of it and hence I tried my experiments with green tea whereby I:
1. had it as a tonic (simmering hot half cup water with a bag of green tea dipped=extra strong)
2. Added sugar (2 spoons)= zero value addition
3. Boiled water and let it sit till it was luke warm with a tea bag dipped in it = i could taste the flavor
Anyways, while I was in Bombay I was hooked to Tetley's Green Tea and would have it the way I mentioned in point no.3! Also, I used to have it at bed time....
Once I moved back to Chandigarh though, my local retail store manager introduced me to this new brand (well it was new to me) of tea which had the combined goodness of Tulsi!
One pack comes with 25 envelopes of Tulsi Green Tea and costs INR 114
This is how each envelope looks like and it is defintely bigger than any of the Tetley tea pack ones.
Benefits of Green Tea in General:
1. It suppresses appetite
2. Increases metabolic rate
3. Cleanses the digestive system/ helps detoxify
4. Boosts energy
Added Advantages of Organic Tulsi Green Tea:
1. It contains envelopes which are bigger in size, hence more product= more beneficial
2. It releases stress
3. Increases metabolic rate at a mind boggling rate= More slimming benefits
4. Takes care of hunger pangs
5. Comes with the added goodness of Tulsi
6. Takes care of my flu, cough and cold!
7. It has a rich aroma and taste (I tried out the tetley green tea again after getting used to Organic India, but I was really dissatisfied with Tetley's flavor and color)
8. Value for money :)
I drink Tulsi Green Tea mainly before heading off to the gym which keeps my energy levels elevated. Also, now, I add honey to my green tea instead of sugar and also let it cool down a bit so that I can get a rich flavor. You may have it as many times a day as you like :)