Wednesday, October 3, 2012

EOTD: My eyes but Better :)

Of late all the studying has been getting to my head (isn't that where they are supposed to go, anyways?!) & I absolutely abhor the marks it is leaving around my eyes (I can't be too sure about my head in this case!) ...Grrr...

So while I had locked myself up in my room I decided to do an eye look where the look would be somewhat of a "my eyes but better" sort of a thing. You know like "your lips but better"? Ok Ok, lets just say its a minimalistic eye makeup look which you can wear to office, a casual lunch & to the movies etc :)

So let's just jump right into it and see how I fared!



This is my eye w/o makeup


I used these 2 colors to get my shade for the highlight. I dont use a silver shimmer because I think its better suited for pale skin
Take note: These are the only colors in this look which will have shimmer to them, rest all shall be matte.

Step 1: I used the highlight under my eyebrow and a lil bit on the inner corner of my eye

Take note: You don't want to use too much highlight because you're trying to keep it natural. Just blend it really well, because as you can see in the picture above you just want a sort of natural glow.
Next I use this fawn/ mud color from my palette
Take Note: This color should strictly be matte. You want to use a color which is very close to your skin tone

Step 2: Dab the color shown above on your eyelid with the help of a flat topped eyeshadow brush

Take Note: You don't want to sweep it across your lid, just dab it on to make sure you get maximum coverage.
Next I use an eyeshadow which would be very close to the color that I use for contouring my face

Step 3: With the help of a defining eye brush/ angled brush sweep the color from the out corner of your eyelid towards the inner corner till approximately 3/4 distance.

Take note: you may use the same eye shadow brush as you did in step 2. (instead of using it flat, have it perpendicular to your lid) Also, please make sure that you use only a lil bit of shadow; remember a lil goes a long way :)
This is how it should look with your eye open.

Take Note:With whatever is left in your brush sweep it across your upper eye lid and blend with the help of a blending brush

Step 4: Line your upper lash line & make sure that you dont wing it out or extend it all the way to the iner corner

Add Mascara to your upper & lower lashes & line your lower waterline with a white eye liner

And now for the final look!

How do you like it???

Items used:
1. E.l.f. 100 eyeshadow palette
2. E.l.f.volume pumping mascara
3. Maybelline Define-a-Brow Gel
4. Blue Heaven Kajal/Eyeliner
5. Loreal Paris Contour Khol 103

Please feel free to leave a comment telling me what you think about my look! 

8 comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...