Sunday, November 25, 2012

How I keep my skin matte all day!

To begin with I have extremely oily skin which dreads at the name of moisturizers, creams, sunscreen etc. The end result? Oily and tanned skin :( Of late I have been experimenting with varied products and have also been using Retin-A for my acne prone skin. What Retin-A does is that it peels your skin, making it look dry and flaky. However, for people with oily skin like me using Retin-A might prove to be quite cumbersome because it will make parts of your skin dry and flaky while your T-zone will appear oily as usual. I had to find a solution to combat this unusual problem! Also, I have been travelling a lot (which explains why I have been Missing From Action)-which means that my sensitive skin will be prone to sun burns. YIKES! A couple of months ago while I was still on Retin-A and had happily skipped sun-screen I had experienced my first and most dreaded encounter with Sun Burn. So, all in all I needed to inculcate the habit of using sunscreen without fussing over chip-chip! :-/

Hmmmm... so let's quickly begin with the regimen!

1. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser: I have been using this skin cleanser for the past 4-5 months. In the summers I used it with face wash and exfoliating scrub, but as the weather is changing I find that using only the cleanser is also helping my skin clear away all dirt.


2. Pore Cleansing Facial Pads: I use this with my facial cleanser so that the cleanser is more effective in deep cleaning my pores and it also helps in exfoliation! you may read a detailed review HERE

3. L'oreal Hydrafresh Anti-Shine Icy Gel: I hope you all know by now that I'm a sucker for L'oreal face products whereas I hate HATE HATE their hair care products. That being said, the icy gel suits my anti-shine regime like a dream. It gives me enough moisture to hide my dry/flaky skin and at the same time it gets absorbed into my skin without leaving any trace of oiliness on my skin. The best part is that its a gel and not a cream and also that it leaves the skin cool for sometime.
It was part of my HAUL HERE

4. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen Matte Gel SPF 50: Only recently I bought this product and carried it on my trip to Calcutta. I must say that this gel is my absolute favorite these days as it is non-greasy and doesn't leave my skin looking plastered. It absorbs quite easily and is unlike any other sunscreen I have ever used. I would definitely cry if this gel is discontinued!

5.Maybelline ClearGlow All-in-one Compact: Initially while buying this powder compact I was a bit hesitant because the shades were limited and they all seemed to be too light for me. It even left a whitish cast on my hand. However, I have been using this formula with a wet sponge and I am really REaLLY Impressed! When used with a wet songe, it acts like a foundation and is great for daily/office wear. It looks natural and covers the huge open pores on my face. Additionally it has SPF 26 which means that I can wear it without sunscreen, but better safe than sorry right?! I have not used it dry for fear of whitish cast, but when used with the wet sponge no such problem occurs!

This regime keeps me matte for the longest time ever. I can be out of the house without touch ups for almost 10 hours!

Do remember to leave a comment to tell me what products work best to keep you matte (dont forget to mention your skin type)!

C YA :D


1 comment:

  1. Hi, this weekend is pleasant in favor of me, because this occasion i am reading this wonderful informative post here at my home.


    Here is my web-site cheap desks

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...